Capsicum rice recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 2-3
- Basmati rice or any long grain rice 1 cup
- Capsicum 1 meidum sized
- Onion 1
- Peanuts 1 tbslp (optional)
- Sambar powder 3 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1/2 tsp (out of a jar or fresh )
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
- Oil 1 tblsp
- Coriander leaves few (Optional )
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 15 mins.
- Cook the rice by adding 1 1/2 cups of water and half the salt.
- When it is done, spread it in a plate and allow it to cool completely.
- Heat a kadai and add the oil.
- Throw in the cumin seeds,when it splutters add ginger garlic paste.
- Add the chopped onions.
- Fry till golden brown .
- Add the Sambar powder, turmeric powder and salt to it and saute for a few minutes.
- Finally add the kitchen king masala and the chopped capsicums and mix well.
- After a minute, switch off the flame.
- Make sure the capsicum should not be overcooked
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with onion raita.
Instead of Sambar powder, you can add Rasam powder or Vaangi chaat powder.
Instead of Garam Masala, you can add Chana masala or Choley masala.
If you don't have these, simply add Turmeric powder, Coriander powder, Cumin powder, Red Chilly
powder and some aamchur (mango) powder/ lemon juice