Dedicated to all the muffin lovers out there!Especially my husband Nilesh. Its his favourite!
I have tried this recipe with oatmeal+oatbran+bran+linseed (flax seed) powder. Its easy to replace the 2 cups of white flour with 1 1/2cup oatmeal and 1/3 cup of bran+1/4 cup of flaxseed powder.
Oatbran can be replaced with wheatbran.
No kidding,it always turns out delicious!
Blueberry Muffin (Eggless)
A very simple recipe. Healthy too!
Try! even if you have never ever baked in your life!
All purpose flour(Maida) 2 cups
Baking powder 1 - 1 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp.
Sugar 1 cup
Milk 1 cup
Oil (sunflower/corn) 1/3 cup
Vinegar 1 Tbsp.
Fresh Blueberries 1 1/2 cups (washed and drained)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F /200 C
Line a muffin tray with liners or simply grease them.
2. Mix flour,salt,baking powder very well.
3. In another bowl,mix sugar,milk, oil and vinegar very well.(A hand whisk does a great job)
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
5. Add blueberries and gently mix them in the batter.
6. Fill muffin pan 3/4 th and bake for 18 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
7. Let sit for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Instead of 1 cup sugar, you can try sugar+brown sugar + honey
Instead of 2 cups white flour, you can use 1 cup white flour+1 cup whole wheat flour or 1/2 cup whole flour and 1/2 cup oatmeal flour.
You can add some chopped walnuts/pecan nuts/ flax seed / wheat germ/wheat or oat bran too.