Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oregano ( optional )
- 2 cloves garlic, cut in slivers ( optional )
- 2 tablespoons sugar ( optional )
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 20 - 30 medium sized jalapeno peppers, washed, dried with tea towel , sliced evenly into desired thickness
- Combine the vinegar, water, garlic, sugar, and salt in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Add jalapeno slices, stir, and remove from heat.
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes then use tongs or a slotted spoon to remove the jalapeños from the pot to a jar; cover with the brining liquid to fill the jar.
- Make sure that the jar is clean and dry. It's a good idea to squirt some vinegar in the jar, shake it and discard before adding the Jalapeños.
- This can be stored in the fridge for up to two months.
- Every time you take out some of the pickle ,make sure that the brining liquid covers the remaining pickle.