CAPSICUM WITH CHICK PEA FLOUR
This is one of my most favourite dish. It is yummy with plain chapati and kadhi or even with just rice and kadhi or any simple dal.
Certain ingredients are optional because it's quite normal that when one does not have a full fledged pantry, all the ingredients might not be available. It is absolutely fine to go ahead and try a recipe with whatever ingredients you have handy because home made food is way better than any restaurant food.
I will be posting variations of this dish in my upcoming posts.
Peppers or Capsicum are alkaline . They are very good for the metabolism.
- 2 Peppers - same colours or different ones
- 2 tablesppons oil (vegetable or olive oil)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (optional)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Asafoetida (Hing) a pinch ( optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp dessicated coconut ,fresh or dry (optional)
- 4 tbsp Gram flour (Besan)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt (more to taste )
- In a bowl, mix gram flour, 1 tbsp oil ,turmeric,chilly powder,coriander cumin powder and salt. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Wash and cut the peppers into cubes
- In a non stick pan, on a medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil
- When the oil is warm,add mustard seeds and sesame seeds.Let them crackle or change colour
- Sprinkle asafoetida
- Add the peppers and stir well.Cover with a lid and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover and stir once again. Reduce the heat.
- Sprinkle the gram flour mixture evenly.Cover and cook for further 5 minutes.
- Mix well. Cover and cook further for 2 minutes
- Sprinkle chopped coriander and shredded coconut
- If you like to add more salt to your taste , sprinkle at this stage and mix well