Potatoes and Onion Patties
Potatoes and Onion patties are very easy to make . All you need is a few boiled potatoes,chopped onion and spices available in your kitchen.
In an attempt to encourage the young generation to cook, I mark many ingredients as optional. I don't mean to indicate that don't buy all the ingredients.What I do mean is to be adventurous enough to cook with the least of ingredients instead of eating restaurant food.It'd emphasize that it will definitely be healthier and way cheeper than eating out.
TIP: Whenever you are boiling potatoes, boil a few extra and keep them in the refrigerator wrapped in a cling film.This way you need not worry about the time required to boil potatoes. They should be used the next day or at the most the day after.
These patties freeze pretty well too.
Ingredients: ( for 6 to 8 patties )
- 3-4 medium potatoes - boiled , peeled and mashed
- 1 medium onion - finely chopped
- 2 green chillies - finely chopped (optional)
- coriander - washed and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 inch piece ginger - peeled and grated (optional)
- Lemon juice ( 1-2 tsp,according to your taste)
- salt to taste
- Any oil to pan fry
- In a large bowl , mix all the ingredients together.
- Divide into mixture into equal sized balls , roll between your palms and gently flatten each ball.
- Heat a griddle,preferably a non stick one.
- Fry each side using as little oil as possible