This recipe is as simple as it can be.
A perfect soup for a cold winter day, lunch or dinner or even a snack !
For this recipe, you don't really HAVE TO HAVE exact quantities of the ingredients. Depending on the vegetables you have handy, and the number of servings you wish to cook, you can vary the ingredients.
- Tom Yum Kom soup paste or cube ( I prefer the vegetarian one)
- Chilly garlic paste
- Firm Tofu - cut into cubes
- Broccoli - washed , divided into florets and cut into pieces
- Spring onions or Onions - washed and chopped
- Carrot - peeled and cut into bite size pieces or strips
- French Beans - trimmed and cut into pieces
- Spinach leaves - washed
- Bean Sprouts - washed
- Cabbage or Bok choi
- Boiled and drained noodles ( or spagetti or capellini or soba noodles )
- any oil
- Salt to taste (Add only after tasting as the Tom Yam Kom paste and Chilly Garlic paste both have salt in them )
- 200 ml boiling water per portion of soup
- In a large pan or wok, add some oil and wait till it's hot
- Stir fry the onions quickly
- Add your selection of prepared vegetables except for spinach. Mix well, cover and cook on a low heat till cooked but not overdone.Stir occasionally.
- Add Tom yam Kom paste according to your liking (add half a tsp for each portion of soup.You can add more later if desired)
- Add chilly garlic paste
- Mix well.
- Add boiling water.Mix again.
- Add the tofu and noodles and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach . It will wilt very quickly
- If required,add salt to taste