Simple Indian Flat Bread
Parathas are so simple to make that one need not buy bulk produced Naan or Pita bread. These can be made in minutes and fits into an incredibly low budget.
This recipe will yield 4 to 6 Parathas.
One must be brave and try to make it at least once !
- Whole Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp to add in the flour
- Oil to shallow fry - a few tbsps at the most
- Salt to taste - 1/5 tsp should be enough
- In a deep bowl, add flour ,salt and 2 tbsp oil. Mix well with your fingers.
- Keep adding a little bit of water and kneading until the dough has a soft pliable consistency.
- Cover with a tea towel and leave it aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Apply little bit of oil to your palm and knead the dough for a minute or so.
- Divide into 4-6 equal sized balls.
- Heat a griddle on medium heat.
- Coat each ball in flour and roll out into rounds.The thickness depends on your liking.
- Cook one side, flip it over, smear a little bit of oil.
- Flip it again and smear oil on the other side.
- Press with a ladle each time .
- Cook until light brown spots appear on each side.