Courgette & Spinach Soup
One of my favourites with the goodness of Courgette and the added nutrition of Spinach.
Very easy to prepare.
1 Medium sized Courgette . Washed and diced into cubes
1 Onion peeled, washed , chopped roughly
1 or 2 handful of Spinach .Washed
1 small potato , peeled and chopped (Optional)
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Tip: Keep boiling water ready in kettle or a pan to minimise cooking time
- In a medium sized pot, add oil.
- Add onions and fry for two minutes on low heat
- Add diced courgette (and potato ). Stir. Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add hot water enough to cover the vegetables. Cover with a lid. Let it boil for 7 minutes. ( If you have a timer, please use it )
- Add spinach leaves, Salt and Pepper . Mix.
- Let it cook covered for further few minutes till the spinach is wilted but still green in colour. ( Over cooking will result in discoloured veggies )
- Blend with a hand blender till a smooth texture is obtained
- If desired, add some more boiling water.
Enjoy in a mug or a bowl with toasts, dry toast, crackers or as a starter.