BANANA BREAD (FAT FREE )
- 2 cups flour ( white flour or wholewheat or any concoction. Should be 2 cups )
- 1/2 cup applesauce ( Recipe not yet posted on my blog)
- 4 lage overripe bananas - mashed
- 2 eggs ( or 4 egg whites )
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar ( Or part any sugar and part honey, or just honey )
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 175 C
- Mix the flour,baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Mix brown sugar ( or an alternative) and applesauce until smoothly blended.
- Add 2 eggs , vanilla and mashed bananas to the sugar mix and blend well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and fold until all ingredients are wet.
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch bread pan and pour the mixture into it.
- Bake on 175 C for 60 or 70 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool a bit before serving.
- If really overripe bananas are used , the amount of sugar or any other sweetner can be reduced.
- Part of the flour can be replaced by powdered oatmeal.
- In order to bake healthier ,you can try mixing parts of buckwheat flour or ragi flour or even spelt flour . Just make sure your measure of flour does not exceed 2 cups.