This is a very simple caramel custard recipe.
I am posting it in a jiffy on a dear one's request.
- Sugar 3/4 th cup
- Milk 1/2 Litre
- Cream 250 ml
- Vanilla Custard Powder 2 tablespoons
- On a low flame , melt sugar in a sauce pan until completely dissolved, while stirring constantly till it changes colour to slightly caramel (brownish)
- Remove pan from stove. Add half of the milk i.e; 250 ml. Stir gently with a whisk until homogenized.
- Bring caramel and milk mixture to a boil while gently whisking.
- Dissolve the custard powder to the remaining milk and add to the boiling mixture.
- Cook further for 5 minutes on low flame or until custard become thick . ( Its advisable to read the pudding powder packet instructions.)
- Keep the custard aside to cool down.
- Mix cream well .
- Serve chilled.