Dahi Bhaat or Curd Rice
If you like yoghurt, you will definitely enjoy dahi bhaath.
Cold or Warm !
Whenever you are making rice, just always make it a point to make extra to come in handy for just one more meal. 1 cup rice needs 2 cups water to cook. Refer to the Plain Rice recipe on the blog.
Cold Dahi Bhaat
Serves 1 person
- Leftover rice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- Green chillies (chopped fine or slit in half, optional)
- Curry leaves (a few, optional)
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp.
- Split white udad dal 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Coriander leaves ,chopped , 1 tsp.(optional)
- Add and mix enough yoghurt into the rice to get a consistency of your liking.
- Add salt
- In a pan, heat oil on a low temperature. Add mustard,green chillies and udad dal . (They splutter ,so cover quickly or else you have to clean the stove!)
- Uncover and add curry leaves and stir in.
- Pour over the rice and yoghurt mix and stir in.
- sprinkle coriander.
Warm Dahi Bhaat
- Heat a bowl of rice in the microwave oven.
- Add yoghurt according to your liking.
- Add salt.
- Add cumin powder.
- Mix well.
- Add ghee if you want to.
- Just eat!
I'll add more variations to this post soon....